Colin Pearson - vleugelvaas in stupa vorm
Een met de hand gedraaide vaas in stupa vorm met vleugels aan de versmalde hals, steengoed, een groenige veldspaatglazuur die aan de bovenzijde eindigt in een prachtige bronskleurige glazuur.
Colin Pearson (September 14, 1923 - December 3, 2007) was an English studio potter and art teacher. Pearson was born in Friern Barnet, Middlesex in 1923 and studied at Goldsmiths College, University of London. He worked at Winchcombe Pottery before going to Lambeth in 1954 to work at Royal Doulton. The turning point of his career was in 1955 when he took over the running of Aylesford Pottery from David Leach who had set it up a year earlier at the Carmelite Friary in Aylesford, Kent. Leach left to set up Lowerdown Pottery in Devon, and Pearson took over as manager of Aylesford Pottery. In 1961 he set up Quay Pottery making domestic ware in Aylesford. Since the beginning of the 1970s Colin Pearson stopped making his domestic pottery to spend more time on individual pieces. He carried on at the Quay Pottery for a further ten years, during which time he taught at the Camberwell School of Art and the Medway School of Art, and then moved to Islington, London. Colin Pearson is best known for his famous wing design which he used for vases in a variety of styles.