1943 Bente Hansen is born in Copenhagen in 1943.
Education & Career
1960-1964 Denmark’s Design School (former ”Skolen for Brugskunst”).
1964-1970 Attached to Bing & Grøndahls Porcelain Factory.
1978-1982 Attached to Royal Copenhagen.
1968- Establishing own workshop in Copenhagen.
1992-1996 Head of the Department for Ceramic and Glass, Denmark’s Design School.
1992-1997 Member of the National Bank of Denmark Jubilee Fund of 1968 Committee.
1999-2001 Member of the Danish Arts Foundation Committee for Applied Art and Design.
Exhibitions in the Netherlands: 1990 - "Danish Ceramics Artists", Singer Museum Laren, Holland.
- The Danish Arts and Crafts Association.
- The Danish Artists Association.
- The Board of the ”Académie Internationale de la Céramique”, Switzerland.
- The Board of IAC, International Academy of Ceramists.
Contact: Studio: Elleborgvej 4A, 3140 Aalsgaarde, Denmark
Pictures: Bente Hansen in her workshop, around 2015 (source Keramiske Veje 2018); portrait Bente Hansen (source website artist); container with block decoration (source Gallery Ann Linnemann); lidded pot (source Pinterest); container (source Venice Clay Artists.com).
- Keramiske Veje 2018, United and Apart, Clay Museum Middelfahrt (DK), catalogue 2018