Ruth Koppenhöfer is born in Heilbronn a.N. in 1922. She studied architecture at the 'Techische Hochschule' in Stuttgart in 1942-44 and 1946-49. Started as architect in 1951. Between 1956 and 1958 sie visited the 'Staatliche Fachschule für Keramik' in Höhr-Grenzhausen. She was taught by Prof. Richard Bampi in Kandern in 1957 and 1958 and became Member of the ceramicists Gruppe 83. In 1959 she opened her own workshop in Neustadt at the German Wine road (Weinstrasse). In 1970 she was awarded with the Staatspreis Rheinland-Pfalz. Since 1971 she was member of AIC-IAC (Académie internationale de céramique). In the 1980s she changed her interest and activitys towards watercolour painting. She died in Neustadt in 1994 (source Wikipedia and Keramik Sammler.de).
Pictures: Ruth Koppenhöfer, portrait (source Galerie Handwerk Koblenz); vase, red (source Pinterest); vase, green (source Design-and-Arts); vase, rosa (source Design-and Arts).