Francesca Lindt-Mascitti is born in Anversa degli Abruzzi, Italy on August, 3 1931. She visits Liceo Artistico delle belle Arto in Roma between 1946 and 1948 and the Finnish Art Industry School between 1949 and 1952. She establish her own studio with her husband Richard Lindh in 1953. She starts however the Arabia Art Department in 1955 where she worked until 1989. Francesca Lindh-Mascitti - like Kyllikki Salmenhaara - is interested in the contrasting qualities of different clays, and her own distinctive technique have established her as one of Finland's leading potters. For Arabia she worked until 1989. Richard and Francesca exhibited successfully in Finland and abroad, e.g. in Brussels, Cannes, Milan and New York. In 1952 and 1957 they won a scholarship and first prize from the Museum of Contemporary Art in New York. Francesca's international awards include an honorable mention in the Milan Triennale 1957; gold medals at Faenza 1973 and 1977; first price, Museum of Contemporary Crafts, 1956; first price, Gualdo Tadino, 1961; 1972 and 1974, Ravenna price, Faenza 1972 and 1974; Honorary mention Ceramic Compositions in Contemporary Art, Sopot, 1980; Stella al Merito del Lavoro, Italy 1981; and The Applied Art Award of the Finnish State. Her work is represented in many museum collections worldwide, including Museum of Art and Design, Helsinki; Faenza, Museo Internationale delle Ceramiche; Gualdo Tadino Museum; Museum of Contemporary Art, New York; Nationalmuseum, Stockholm; Arabia Museum, Helsinki, Victoria & Albert Museum as well as Musée de Arts Decoratifis in Paris (text: designed-in-finland.com).
Pictures: Francisca Lindh-Mascitti, early portrait (source designed-in-finland); portrait (source ostnyland.evenemax.fi); bulbeous object (source helander.com); ceramic wall panel Wild Rosemary (source Lauritz 2017).